Activate Cloudflare for your website
Before you talk of activating Cloudflare for your website,you should ask “what is Cloudflare all about and what is it used for?”
Cloudflare and its Uses:
Cloudflare is a content delivery network that help to increase your site’s server performance and also provide essential security to your website. Cloudflare resources were previously reserved only for the biggest websites and big guys out there but fortunately,it has been released for other smaller sites like mine.
Funtions of Cloudflare:
- Cloudflare helps to keep your site online even if your server is down.
- With Cloudflare,you can prevent your site from loading slowly.
- Cloudflare helps to protect your site by pulling the knowledge of webmasters around the world into a fraud-watch center.
- With Cloudflare,no hacker will be able to operate on your site.
- It speeds up your website and improves performance in search engines.
- Cloudflare is easy to use and setup,you do not need any hardware or software.
- It operates on all hosting providers so there’s no need to mess around with codes.
- Cloudflare helps to maintain your site’s server connectivity and therefore keep your website running all the time.
How to Install and setup cloudflare for your own website:
There are both free and paid services on cloudflare. However,all webmasters can get the free service for their websites.
If you’re a Namecheap Customer, just login to your control panel and click on the Cloudflare icon in your account.
The next few steps are easy to setup with few clicks.
But if you’re not on Namecheap, you can read on to know how to Activate Cloudflare for your website.
How to Activate Cloudflare on other Websites not hosted on Namecheap:
- First, you have to sign up for Cloudflare Here.
- Enter your details like Name,email,website,password e.t.c.
- Check out their video if you want to learn more about cloudflare’s services.
- Ensure that all your site’s DNS records are listed on the next sign up page,if not, add the necessary DNS records that are missing.
- Choose your initial settings and use the below settings if you’re going for the free plan:
- Then click on Continue.
The Last Step is to Update the DNS servers of your host. If you do not know how to do this,please contact your hosting provider as every host has specific methods of changing their DNS servers.
It usually takes about about 24hrs for your domain name servers to be updated.
When the Update is done within 24hrs of updating your DNS records,you do not need to take further action as your site is now powered by CloudflareTM .
Remember,if your site is running on the wordpress platform,you can get the cloudflare wordpress plugin for your site.
From now,cloudflare takes the responsibility of maintaining your site online and ensure that it is readily available on the internet.
You can as well decide to change your settings anytime by logging into your cloudflare dashboard. Apart from changing the settings on a particular websites, you can as well add more websites to your profile and undergo the same steps above.
The only way to say thank you for this guide is to share this with your facebook ,twitter friends or email this guide to other site owners you may know.
Tell me how this has helped you in the comment section below.
Popular Search terms:
- how to make cloudflare say checking before entering the site
- activare cloudflare
- cloudflare meaning
- how to make own cloudflare
- webmasters free email address